The Action Works

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I pay you for the work?

We accept payment via:

  • Cashiers check
  • Money order
  • Personal check
(sorry, we do not accept credit/debit cards, PayPal, or livestock)

Is a deposit required?

Yes, a 50% deposit of the estimated work is required when your gun is sent in.

When do I pay the balance due?

You will be notified of the balance due via e-mail when the gun is going for refinishing -OR- if you request, the gun can be returned to you COD (payment by money order or cashiers check at the time of delivery including the COD charge).

Can I make changes the work requested after the gun is sent in?

Yes, as long as the change requested does not interfere with ongoing work to the gun. For example, you cannot change from stippling to checkering after the stippling is already underway.

Are your mailing and shipping address the same?

Yes. See our contact us page for details.

What makes of 1911s do you accept for work?

Colt, Springfield Armory, Kimber, Dan Wesson, Ruger, Les Baer, Ed Brown, Rock River, Wilson Combat, or other domestic 1911 pistols upon our approval.

What makes of Hi-Powers do you accept for work?

Browning, FN (1962 or later manufacture only), Israel ( Kareen), or FM (Fabrique Militare) pistols made under license in Argentina.

Will you work on handguns previously worked on by others?

It depends. Sometimes, guns previously worked on can be more problematic and hence more expensive to correct with less than satisfactory results. Acceptance is on a case-by-case basis.

What if I move while you have the gun? Can you send it to my new address?

Yes, but according to federal law we will need a notification of your new address in writing.

  Back to Top of Page